Friday, March 5, 2010

malaysia: bees

I suppose I couldn't call myself my dad's daughter if I didn't include this post highlighting a Chinese/Malaysian-owned bee farm that was open to visitors.

Lots of colourful flowers for the bees to get to.

Here's what the area looked like. I deliberately did not take pictures of the large kitchy cartoon bee statues set up in different areas. Just ugly!

Many, many of these set up everywhere.

Dancing bees...but in the Cameron Highlands, they wouldn't have to go far to find flowers and plenty of them!

Like this bee did. I confess that I did not sample the honey there. To be honest, it looked too watery, as if it was watered-down or just processed in some way (something that goes against my Slavik sensibilities). I still have my dad's and my brother Rob's good homeade Slavik honey at home anyway, no need to sully my tastebuds with any other kind. (Yes, I am a honey snob, or as I prefer to think of myself as a honey afficionado).

No comments:

Post a Comment