Saturday, May 17, 2008

eventful May...

As mentioned before, Scott made a quick trip to Canada to be at our friend Jeff's wedding. Here's a picture of him with the groom (right) and another excellent buddy Zeal (middle): A definite highlight for Scott was seeing his family. He got to meet his sister's boyfriend Mike, spend some time in the mountains with his dad, as well as see his grandpa. Wish I could have been there! I love this picture of the three generations of Brimacombe men, if I knew how, I would splice a picture of Eli in to make it four. I can just imagine Scott coaching his mom on how to take the picture which explains the expression on his face.Meanwhile, back in Canada, Pam and I were having a great ol' time. Poor girl though, she didn't get to see much in the way of tourist sites (next time, I promise!). Instead, I gave her the tour of parks and play areas since we had "tire out Eli" on the agenda every morning. When Scott returned we did do a little sight-seeing and souvenir shopping though. We had loads of fun, went for bikerides and walks, watched movies, got massages, took a boat ride, had a picnic...we packed a lot into the ten days. Here's one of our more serious (well Pam's anyway) shots:
And here's Eli on a tank. There was a sign that probably said "Don't climb on the tank" but my Mandarin reading is still not there yet so we took the opportunity for a photo. It was one of those cases of "don't ask, just ask for forgiveness later if necessary" courses of action.
Same with the cannon, he freakishly blends in with the statues behind him don't you think? Hopefully there weren't any almost-3-year-olds involved in (or anywhere near) the battles!