Tuesday, May 1, 2007

canmore bliss

I had the opportunity to go to Canmore with Pam and her mom last week for a few days. It was wonderful to get away into the mountains and relax. Even though Scott would rather not have to take care of Eli himself, he does notice how refreshed I am when I come back and therefore is generally in favour of my mini-getaways with Pam. Of course it was great to come home too. Maybe one of the best things about going away is the chance to come home again.


We did a number of touristy things: we took the gondola in Banff and did the mini-hike at the top, we went to Lake Louise, we swam in the pool at the resort that we got to stay at with Pam's mom, we treated ourselves each to a massage and ate barbecue steaks for two out of the three nights. I was able to catch the sunrise two out of three mornings too. In short: we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. It was truly time well spent as I don't know if i will be able to make another trip to the Rockies before we go.