Sunday, May 9, 2010

Hannah's here!

Yay! She's finally here! Hannah Joyce was born on May 6th (my due date!) at 0715, weighing in at 7 lbs 4 oz. and measuring 50 cm. Scott and I are so pleased and thankful. I was especially thankful that Scott was able to make it to the delivery...even though the doctor initially thought I was in false labour. Hah! Sure showed her!

I love this proud daddy face on Scott. I must say he was a huge help to me during my labour, quoting verses to me, singing to me, encouraging me and getting me water...even handing me pieces of chocolate at some points.

Here's Hannah at less than one hour old. I was surprised at how alert she was. I think she looks a bit like Eli did when he was born...but of course it's too soon to really know who she'll look most like.


And can't forget the mandatory picture of the newborn feet, still blueish and wrinkly...

We stayed two nights in the hospital and now we are back at home. I'm wondering how life will change with 3 kids now, I'm just taking it a day at a time and trying to get as much rest as I possibly can.
Eli and Dana were really excited to meet their new sister, Dana especially just dotes on her. It's so good to be home all together again.

7 comments:

  1. Yay! She's beautiful! Congrats again, happy family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! What a beautiful little girl - I am so thrilled for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Olga, I love these pictures! We can't wait to meet beautiful Hannah Joyce in person! So glad that your labor and delivery went smoothly and that Scott could be such a help to you. God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's beautiful! Congratulations! Love to all FIVE of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She looks wonderfull, Congratulations to the family of five.

    PG and WL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome Hannah! So good to see the pictures. Does this mean Eli has to get a bigger Jeep?

    Thinking of you often.

    ReplyDelete