Sunday, May 16, 2010

Dana is 3!

Now that I have two daughters with birthdays in May... I wonder if I can have double parties for them in the future...

I had to make it simple this year, obviously, since Hannah's arrival makes life busier than usual. Featured below are the refreshments served, and we ordered pizza for lunch. I made the cake and cut up the fruit and a friend brought the fruit jello which was really yummy.

Here's Dana in her favourite present: a new summer dress just in time for the weather heating up. It's almost time to start turning on the air conditioning, that's how hot it is here (30+ Celsius these days).
Here are all the party guests pictured after a rousing game of "Duck, duck, GOOSE!" We also played a simplified version of pictionary with our chalk board and whoever guessed what was being drawn (by an adult) got a candy. Oh, and they could shout out the answers in Chinese or English.


And the happy birthday girl herself. She's excited to be a big girl and to be going to preschool in the fall. She is a very good helper to me these days too, helping me rinse Hannah's bum in the sink, bringing me water when I'm nursing, throwing diapers in the garbage for me and giving Hannah a MINIMUM of twenty kisses and hugs daily.

1 comment:

  1. Those are great pictures, Olga! I especially like the last one of Dana. Tell her Happy Birthday from us! We miss you all.

    ReplyDelete