Thursday, February 26, 2009

thailand part 2: early morning impressions

For the last few days of our holiday, I got in the habit of getting up and out of the house bright and early. These pictures were taken on the last day of our time in Thailand. Here's a shot of a monk walking along the beach. I didn't want to be too obvious and so in my haste, the shot was blurred. I imagine his life a lonely one, I wonder what his life is really like...

I sat down on sun-bed that I didn't have to rent because it was still so early and just read a bit and took in the sunrise. I don't want to miss another sunrise when I am in such a picturesque place again. I am definitely more of a sunrise person rather than a sunset, as it's the beginning of a day and there's still hope and ideas for what might happen.

Oh that delicious feeling of toes in fine, wet sand! I took this picture because I never want to forget what that feels like. There is so much pleasure in the little things sometimes.

And now, here comes the sun...

--And here's the dog that took in this scene with me, I was pleased to get his profile just so. It was a great way to start the day and a memorable way to end our vacation.