Saturday, September 15, 2007

Great Wall anniversary

We really enjoyed our day trip to the Great Wall. Here are some pictures to let you in on how things went. It was an excellent way to celebrate six years of marriage!

Here's a picture of me squinting in the sun with a goofy-looking bandana on. Well, I didn't bring a hat so the bandana had to work to keep the sun from beating too hard on my head. We kept Dana under a light blanket so she wouldn't fry in the sun either.

We had lunch in this little tower and gave Dana a break from her carrier (as well as gave her lunch). In this picture she's just eaten and feeling pretty good. She slept for most of our time on the Great Wall. After lunch, Scott took his turn to carry Dana, which I was really thankful for.

Here is a view of the Great Wall, we took a lot of pictures so it is hard to choose just one to capture it! We were sure glad to be able to cool off in the towers that we would come to along the way (you can see one in the picture). The wall is about 2000 years old, but where we went was a restored section. It was still quite amazing to see and walk on...our legs were sore for three days afterwards from the many steep stairways! I really don't know which is harder: going up or going down...I think I prefer going up, actually (easier on the knees).